Control Room Operations (CRO)Duration: 10 Weeks
To provide trainees with technical theory and practice in order to enable them comprehend the principles of operating a large power station. The practical training includes training on ordinary shift-rota as well as practical demonstrations of apparatus and equipment for a hydroelectric power plant. The practical training is done at the KGRTC laboratories and the Kafue Gorge Power Station.
At the end of the training programme, course participants shall be able to:
- Apply knowledge acquired for the responsibilities of the shift technical staff at a power station
- Execute responsibilities and the operation and maintenance aspects of the power station effectively.
- Electrical Machines
- Power Station Control and Control Equipment
- Local Power Supply
- Oil Hydraulics and Governors
- Switchyard and Switchgear
- Power System Operations
- Water Hydraulics and Turbines
- Safety in Hydropower Plants
Power Station, Regional and National control centers’ personnel, and other suitably qualified personnel.