DC Power Systems Maintenance (DCPSM)Duration: 1 Week
To train personnel to carry out maintenance, routine checks and fault finding on DC Battery Systems. They shall also learn, to trouble shoot various faults on battery charging systems. This course is designed to equip technical personnel in protection; communication, marine, aviation and industry at large that have battery systems installed but need good techniques of carrying out effective battery maintenance.
At the end of the training programme, course participants shall be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in operation of DC systems
- Demonstrate the need for DC systems in most control equipment
- Handle batteries with care, and maintain the batteries in respective stations to the best for assured longer life, better performance and most of all availability of the battery system.
- Battery design and classification of batteries
- Battery capacity, battery sizing
- Application and use of batteries in utilities and the industry
- Maintenance of various types of batteries
- Safety as regards to battery systems in various industrial premises
- General care during maintenance and personnel safety
- Charging of batteries and charging systems, rectifiers and charging methods
- Maintenance equipment for battery systems.
Technical personnel in power utilities, communication utilities, marine, aviation industry and any personnel involved in servicing of batteries.