Advanced SCADA Systems Management (ASSM)Duration: 1 Week
To provide the electrical generation, transmission and distribution industry with highly skilled and competent human resource to the satisfaction of end-users in the area of SCADA Systems Management. This will enhance the management of the entire power networks to the satisfaction of both suppliers and consumers. The course includes tours to substations, control centres, and installations where participants can practice on SCADA equipments.
At the end of the training programme, course participants shall be able to:
- Apply their knowledge, skills and values (competences) so developed during training to new and demanding industrial situation.
- Apply skills acquired in managing SCADA Systems equipment.
- Apply skills acquired in analyzing events and disturbance data
- Apply acquired skills to operate a SCADA system.
- Understand errors in SCADA and failure rates.
- Overview of Electrical Power System
- SCADA Applications
- SCADA Functions
- System Architecture
- System Structures
- System Reliability
- System Security
- Practicals and Study Tours
Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Switchyard/Substation, Control Room Operations/Maintenance Technicians, Technologists/Superintendents and Engineers.